Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge Update!

So, I joined the Summer Stash Challenge a little bit ago, and I was so excited to get started. Then I looked at my machine and got all sad and depressed. BUT! Now that I have my NEW machine, sewing is fun again! Instead of making an awful noise that went something like:

RaunRaunRaunRaunRaun

when I sewed, this new one hums so nicely, just like it should. It makes sewing easy, too. I had done some sewing on my Stash quilt, but tonight I decided to really buckle down and sew until I either couldn't sew anymore or the neighbors complained of the noise. (I really don't think it's that noisy, but what do I know?)
Anyway, I sewed and sewed and sewed and then, I finished my quilt top. I'm really excited about this, because I also joined the Finish 5 by end of July Challenge, so that I would motivate myself to finish all of the other quilt projects I have going, which are MANY. So, I have one down, at least four more to go. What do you think? Can I do it? I think maybe I can.

This is the quilt top. I was originally going to applique on some different flowers and leaves, but the fabric I chose from my stash were too cute to cover up, so I decided to just keep it as a simple nine-patch quilt.

This is Block A.

This is Block B.

Now all I have to do is get fabric for the backing. I was thinking of maybe using minky for the back, but then I thought maybe I could also use a sheet. I don't know, we'll see what I end up with. Well, I guess I'd better get started on my next quilt! YAY!

4 comments:

Ulla said...

Isn't it lovely to get something going so smoothly that you just want to finish this block and then this ... Your quilt top looks lovely and summery! Good luck with your next project.

Jenny said...

Cute Quilt!!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love love love squares. This is darling. Its fun to get the stash moving isn't it. But 5 by July 5? Yipes.

Purple and Paisley said...

oh i just love the colors...a very cuddly and peaceful quilt! good job! =)