Friday, June 13, 2008

Stash challenge progress

So yesterday, after joining the Summer Stash Challenge, I decided to see if I could make my own quilt design. I have a lot of funky prints and fat quarters, so I wanted to do something fun and funky. Well.....not only did I come up with one pattern, I came up with three! I was up so late sketching, that I totally lost track of time, and didn't get very much sleep. Have you ever had that happen to you? For me it's like I get on this creative roll and I know that if I stop I won't be able to start again for a long time. It comes to me in spurts, and totally sporadically. I have to take every opportunity I get, or else I'll lose the design forever. I have already lost several to the deep, dark inner regions of my creative right brain hemisphere. So! My goal now is to get one of these great quilt designs started, and see what happens. I'm so excited, and hopefully it will turn out SUPER CUTE!

No comments: