Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt, an OPAM finish, and a surprise

Block 11 of my Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt.
Block 12 of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt.

I've already sewn my blocks together with my white-on-white sashing. Now I'm using the leftover fat quarters to make a pieced outer border.  It's gonna be really cute, once it's done.

And now to another OPAM finish for August!  I've been working on this quilt for over 2 years, and it's finally finished!  I even showed it in the Salem Days Quilt Show.

This is my favorite of the 9 blocks.  It's our family.
And now for the surprise! Today when I got my mail this fabulous package was waiting for me.  It's from Peg and Kris, the ladies hosting OPAM this year.  See, I was a winner last month.  I can't wait to stitch up something cute with these 3 stitchery/applique patterns.  SO CUTE!  And I love the fabric fat quarters.  I have a couple ideas already of what to do with them!

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice block....well done on your finish it looks fantastic...and we are so pleased you liked your goodies...thsnks so much for being aprat of OPAM