Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Tires!!

One of my tires on my car has been having issues. I think it has a slow leak because I'll fill it up with air and like a week later it is low again! Today it looked like it was almost flat. I went to 6 different gas stations trying to find a place that had air. Not just any air. Free air. There used to be a time when air was free. Now-a-days they charge up to $1.00 for air. How ridiculous is that?

Anyway, I had resigned myself to just go get a new tire. I was almost sure it had had it and needed to be replaced. I went to Wal-mart, and they told me that only 1 of my tires needed to be replaced. And it wasn't even the tire I was having issues with! So, I had a flat repair done on that tire, and replaced my other tire. I also found out that I have really big wheels, which means I need bigger tires, which means that instead of buying $30 tires, I had to buy a $60 tire. Oh well. It is shiny and new and beautiful. And, now I don't have to worry about that tire not having traction anymore! YAY!!

The lesson learned here: make them check the tires and tell you which ones ABSOLUTELY need to be replaced before purchasing tires, since apparently tires are MEGA expensive.

1 comment:

Hey It's Di said...

I'm glad I haven't had to buy tires for a while because they are expensive! I am thinking between auto repairs and gas I'm gonna go to a bike!. . . or not.