Sunday, March 20, 2011

OPAM finishes for March (so far!)

I am totally loving OPAM this year.  Not that I haven't loved it the previous 2 years.  It seriously has been awesome.  But I feel like I am getting a lot accomplished this year, so far.

Here's my list for March, as of the 20th:

In our Colton's Angels group, we appliqued some fun designs onto onesies.  They will be kitted up and sent to the local hospitals for indigent mothers with newborns.  Some of the kits will also be going to Baby Your Baby.  I have had this stack of onesies sitting on my cutting table for weeks.  There were 18 of them that needed to be stitched down, so I used my zig-zag (I don't have a blanket stitch on my machine), and finished them up in time to be put into the kits.
This quilt was donated, but it wasn't finished.  I put the 3 of the 4 border pieces on, quilted, and bound it.  If you enlarge the picture, you can see our cute little labels that we had made.  They say "A Gift from Colton's Angels."  So cute.  I sewed it onto the quilt while I was quilting it.


Any of you who read my blog last year during OPAM (or who will just scroll down the page and look at my finishes from last year) will notice/remember that I did a lot of Christmas cross stitch and needlepoint.  Well, I did it again.  I bought a whole bunch of cute little Christmas-y projects this year from Joann's.  Actually, I cleaned them out, and only spent about $50.  I have a TON of projects.  Last December, I opened several of them, thinking I'd finish them in time for the holidays.  Not so.  So, my goal this year is to finish the ones I've opened, and then maybe do a few more here and there.  I don't want to get burned out.
The first one I finished was this cute snowglobe.  It just needed the backstitching and the snowflakes attached.  Originally it was going to say 2010, but I figured it could say 2011 since I finished it this year.
Then I finished this fun, and tiny, pair of cross stitch ornaments.  They will look great on my tree, since it is barely 40 inches tall, if that.
And lastly, I finished 12 more of these fleece blankets for Colton's Angels.  These are the blankets we paired the onesies up with.  Pink onesies got white blankets, and brown or blue onesies got blue blankets.  The kits look so cute (pictures to come soon, promise!).  Anyway, the appliques all needed to be stitched down, so I did that on all 12 blankets.

So far, this brings my March total to 34 items. WOOHOO!  I am on a roll!  I hope to have a few more things finished by the end of the month, but we'll see.

No comments: