Sunday, October 3, 2010

October OPAM finishes - 2 quilts

This weekend I finally finished 2 projects I've been meaning to work on for a while.  The first is this baby quilt for my cousin's new baby girl.  I've had the fabric for forever.  A few weeks ago I finally sewed it into the cute little quilt top, quilted it, and folded it up on my cutting table to be bound.  It's been sitting there for at least a week, waiting. 

Fortunately, this weekend has been General Conference (2 weekends a year, members of our church gather together and listen to our prophet and other church leaders speak to us, either on TV, satellite broadcast, internet, or attend in person in Salt Lake City).  This gave me an excuse to stay home, sit in front of the TV, listen to my church leaders and work on binding quilts.
Isn't it precious?  The fabric is Sweet by Urban Chiks for Moda.  I used a pantograph, Clematis by Jodi Beamish, and antique rose colored thread by So Fine!
The second quilt I worked on was this fun Monster Truck playmat.  I bought this last year, after quilting the shop sample for Gracie Lou's.  Marshy loved it, and thought it was for him, so I bought him the panel and matching backing fabric.  It's been sitting on my "to be quilted" rack at the shop ever since.  Well, Thursday was Marshy's 4th birthday, and that gave me the perfect excuse to get it finished!  My parents are giving him some monster trucks at his birthday party today.  So, last night, I sat down and bound it while watching Prince of Persia (and I even liked it! shh! don't tell!)
I'm pretty happy with my two finishes this month - so far!  I'm hoping to finish 2 more quilt tops this weekend, and then get them quilted and bound by the end of the month.  One of the tops is for my cousin who just had a baby boy last night.  The other is my Fat Quarterly Quilt Along quilt.  I'm halfway done with the blocks for this top (it uses a jelly roll cut into pieces that go together to make 80 blocks!) and hope to finish the quilt top today during Conference.


2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your finishes.....

Nanette Merrill said...

Your machine quilting is lovely. Really nice. Quilt is very cute.