Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've been sick


When I say I've been sick, I mean it. Have you ever had one of those days when your husband says "Guess what honey? We have a nasty virus on our computer, which means I might or might not be able to fix it, and if I wipe the harddrive clean and reinstall Windows, HOPEFULLY our new LG USB DVD drive will work and allow us to install everything again." YOU HAVE?!
So then you know exactly how I felt today!! The worst part was when he said it "might" work. When I questioned him about it, he said "well, I'm pretty sure it will." And then, after further questioning: "Well, I think it will....maybe."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
That was really comforting. Thankfully he was able to clear the annoying virus completely, and we are now virus free. Hopefully this will never happen again. I hate it when he tells me that the computer might be broken, and we can't afford to get a new one if it is unfixable. Not only will I be lost to Blog-world for a really, really, REALLY long time....but I won't be able to ebay or etsy (not like I've started etsy yet....but I have some projects in the works for it). But again, "we are all fine here....How are you?"
Why are there mean people in this world that want to destroy people's computers? Mainly mine? What did I ever do to them??? If anyone has the answer to these questions, please let me know so that I can take appropriate measures to make these people stop giving me VIRUSES!! How rude!

3 comments:

Gina said...

The best way is to get a good anti virus programme.
If you google AVG you can download a free anti virus programme for your computer.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joanna said...

Yeah, we have several good ones...my hubby is a computer whiz. Yucky virus disabled them all!!!

Anonymous said...

Saturday the fan on my pc stopped working. Up til then it sounded like a wounded jet on take-off, but at least it was spinning. This pc is six months old. Still on warranty, but has been restored countless times and rebuilt two months ago.

Knowing I had to turn the pc off, and maybe take it today to get another fan installed, I chose, instead, to let'er rip!! If It burns up, I'm having one built to my specifications.

I CANNOT, nay, I say, I CANNOT be separated from my herd of bloggers. Look what I do for y'all.