Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Project a Month Challenge

I joined this challenge in January. I have to admit, I thought I would have no problem at all doing it! HAHAHA Yeah right!



February was a total bust! I didn't get a single project completed. Of course, I spent the first 2 weeks packing up and getting ready to move, and the last 2 weeks cleaning the old place and unpacking at the new one. I'm sure that's why I didn't get anything done....right?



March was a little better. At the start of the month I made a really cute draft blocker for under our furnace room door. There is a cold air intake pipe that blows tons of cold air into the furnace room, and there's a 1 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. We got tired of it being so cold in our upstairs hallway, so I made this lovely:

I stuffed it with some rice and some poly-fill stuffing. It's tied off at each end with thread, and a LOT of knots! haha

I also finished these two quilt tops, and quilted them. I haven't completely finished them, as the binding isn't completely finished, but I do plan on getting them done by Tuesday (the end of the month!) :D Even if I don't get the binding done, finishing these two quilt tops is a HUGE accomplishment for me, since I can't sew at home anymore. I have to either stay late at work, or take time out of longarm quilting to sew them. I lucked out two weeks ago, on a Monday, and couldn't work on quilting because I didn't have enough batting, and my supplier was closed until the next Tuesday morning.

So, I kind of feel like even though I slacked off a little in February, I kind of made up for it in March! :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally need a draft blocker, well two of them... would you mind post instructions? I'm sort of lame when it comes to creating.

Joanna said...

SURE! I'll post a tutorial later this week. :D