Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quilt 2 progress: Part 2

So, what do you think? This looks like progress, right?! Yes! I have finally finished quilt top #2. Now I need to purchase backing fabric and quilt this baby up! I have decided to go with a solid black and do the quilting in a bright red. Now I'm just hoping I don't screw the quilting up! haha That's what seam rippers are for, so I'm not too worried!

As you can see, this quilt is HUGE!! I am not quite sure why I thought it would not be as big as it is. Maybe I didn't read the quilt dimensions on the pattern correctly. Maybe I just thought it would be a nice twin size quilt. Maybe I think that a twin size bed is slightly larger than my baby's crib. Maybe I'm just losing it!! One thing I am sure of though, is that Marshy won't be able to use this on his bed until he graduates out of the crib/daybed and into a normal twin size bed. In the meantime, it can be his fun "wrap up in on his Cars-themed couch" quilt.

At any rate, I have definitely made some progress. And any progress is good progress and that makes me HAPPY ! ! ! ! :D

1 comment:

Gina said...

I think it's great.
I never made Gemma a crib sized quilt. They were all full sized and she used to love wrapping them around her. Still does.

love and hugs xxx