Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's been one of those days....

Where you just jump up and down for JOY! We have been on an online ordering spree lately. Okay, really only on Friday, but still, we've ordered a lot of stuff. Mike and I are bzzagents, and Mike just got invited to join a campaign about a Phillips-Norelco razor. He was hoping it would get here before he left for scout camp. Unfortunately, it came 3 hours after he left. Then, we had also ordered my sewing machine from HSN, and I had ordered some really cute shoes and some bras from Fredericks. I was told to expect my machine on the 23rd, and my shoes etc on the 26th. Well, everything came today! I was in package heaven!! Mike was jealous that I got to be home for all the fun things, but he got to go shopping today, so I think that makes us even.

This is my machine. Isn't she a beaut?! I love her. She is really heavy and sturdy, and pretty easy to use. It's a different kind of machine than I'm used to. My Janome had a non top-loading bobbin, and this beaut has a top loading bobbin. It is WAY easier!

This is a picture of all of the super cool accessories that came with it: 13 feet!! Wow! I'm in feet heaven! I don't even know what 5 of them do!! Lola, I will be needing your assistance with identifying these feet and their purpose.
Mike is at scout camp, and he was in dire need of camping supplies. A few years ago we bought a tent set from Wal-mart. It came with 2 crappy sleeping bags, 2 camp chairs, a battery-powered lantern, and some cup cozies. Pretty much everything in the set was garbage except for the tent. After only 2 uses, the chairs are pretty much trashed. And the sleeping bags are uncomfortable and small. So! We went shopping. We went to Big Lots! to see what they had. We had been there a few months ago and noticed they had a really good deal on inflatable mattresses. We bought one that can either be 1 king size, 2 twin size, or 1 couch. Awesome find! Then, Mike saw a camp chair he couldn't live without. It has 2 cupholders, and a bag for drinks and another bag for books or magazines or even garbage. It was a really good price, too.

Then we went shopping for a sleeping bag. We went to Sports Authority to discover that they had mummy-style sleeping bags on sale. Mike couldn't pass it up, so we got him one. We also got a really nice air pump for the new air mattress.

Mike was also in dire need of pants, so we stopped at Aeropostale. Not only did we find a lot of really great stuff for him, it was all on sale! That is my favorite kind of day! We got so many good deals, and we weren't even trying to! Woo! Woo!

When I got home from dropping Mike off at the rendezvous site for the camping trip, I decided to do some more henna tattoos. I did a sun around my ankle bone, and tried to do one on my toe to make it look like a ring....that one didn't turn out too well. Below are pictures of the tattoo Mike did for me yesterday. It has gotten a lot darker by this evening. These pics were taken last night just after I picked the gunk off.

It's kind of a cool chain design. We found it on the web, but I can't remember where.
Well! I'm off to sew! I'm involved in 2 different quilting challenges (see my sidebar) and they are going to be super fun, but challenging. I guess that is why they are called challenges, eh? Anyway, if I'm going to finish 5 by July then I'd better get a move on!

9 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

What is that scripture about the women with the rings on their fingers and toes...and they go bald, get all scabby, and stinketh???
I'd watch out if I were you...Henna might lead to stinking baldness!!

Kathi D said...

Woo woo! That sewing machine looks sturdy as a TANK!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that is one sturdy machine and all those feet...love your tat, and is that a bag of hershies I see in the corner of you photo....

Joanna said...

It's a bag of the Hershey's milk chocolate baking bits....they are cheaper than the kisses, because I can't eat as many in one sitting! :)

Angel said...

well last time i saw a tatoo like that i was in Reno! It was on a totally sexy kankle like that. well of course it was on a transvestite! but it looked like that picture. they say money cant buy you love but they have never been to reno. love zackass

Blakely said...

Wow! a new machine and shopping what could be more fun. I hope you enjoy your new machine.

Neil said...

Man, you really had an adventureous day. Shopping, new machine and a tatoo. What a girl!
Have a great few days without MIKE! MUM

Nanette Merrill said...

No comment on the (fake)tatoo. I love what Lola said. Everytime I get any jewelery I think of that scripture. Ha

Love the machine. It looks like a good one. The color is very industrial feeling and makes me think you are going to have fun with it.

Tommy Lee said...

I don't get this. "We had been there a few months ago and noticed they had a really good deal on inflatable mattresses." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



sports supplies volleyball