Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OPAM 2010 - June Finish

I actually got some of my projects finished before the end of the month! Can you believe it?!  It's a miracle!!  Anyway, here they are, in no particular order:

A cute little bag and matching quilt for Marshy.  The pattern is an original design and is currently being tested.  Check back for updates on when it will be available for purchase (It's really a quick and easy pattern - GREAT for beginning quilters or sewists).
And again, some more Christmas ornaments - Yay for cross stitching! I bought a TON of these after Christmas last year, because they had been marked down from $3, $5, and $7 to like a whole 50 cents! What a steal of a deal.  I still have about 5 more to do, and I'm hoping to get most of them done this month so I can move on to the felt Christmas kits I bought, and the needlepoint Christmas stockings I have from 3 years ago.


And now for some unofficial finishes, because I know that really only "soft projects" such as quilting, cross stitching, etc count officially.  I have had two of these beading kits for a few months now, and just got my third in the mail.  Well, I decided to sit down and finish them because they were taking up too much space in my craft corner.  So, here are the finished jewelry sets:

I really had a good time making all of them.  The watch set was the hardest, let me tell you!  haha  I think my favorite though is the gold necklace, braclet and earrings - which is funny because I am SOOO not a gold person.  I like silver, white gold, and platinum normally :) 


So there you have it! My finishes to date.  I'm hoping to get the 6 quilt tops I have made quilted within the next week or so and sew the binding to them.  We're driving to Seattle in a few weeks and I want something to keep me busy, and what better way than to bind a whole car-load of quilts?  haha  Well, we'll see what happens with that, but I know for sure I'm going to have at least 1 more quilt bound, and another cross stitch project, maybe even 2 or 3!  Here's to hoping!!

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

WOW...that is awesome, well done...

mallorymallorah said...

Good job! Hey where did you get those jewelry kits???