Sunday, June 8, 2008

Isn't she pretty??

Many of you might know that I am currently in the market for a new sewing machine. No, my existing one did not break down. No it has not been thrown off the balcony.....yet. It still works fairly fine. Except for the tension issues, and the not sewing straight half the time, and the feed dogs acting up, and the thread flying off the thread holder thingy if I sew too fast. Other than that it works fine.

A few months back Mike and I were watching Home Shopping Network. It was great fun. We saw loads of stuff we wanted. The iRobot Scooba. Great scrapbooking things, like the Cricut. Debbie Meyer's Green bags (which I purchased at an outlet kitchen store in Park City recently). And then they did the sewing machine segment. Oh how I loved that segment!

Honestly, there wasn't a single machine that I didn't go "OOOH! I WANT THAT!"

They had an awesome embroidery machine. I've never done embroidery before. But I'm sure if I had the machine, I would! Isn't that how it works?

Then they had my sewing machine true love. She is actually quite manly looking. But I don't care. I LOVE HER! Plus, she comes with 13 feet! My current machine only came with 4, I think....I don't know because more than half of the accessories it came with have become lost duet to the fact that the storage compartment doesn't stay attached the machine while in transit, and the machine cover sits loosely over the machine. Let's just say that I'm on my 5th seam ripper, and I now carry it in my purse.

Back to my lovely. She does all sorts of great things. And even has an extend-a-table so that I could quilt on it. I'd love to be able to try quilting on an actual home sewing machine that was built for it. Mine isn't. It has an "endless" button-hole! I'm sure I would use it all the time! But the thing that I wanted most of all was the freearm feature that allows you to sew in circles! I would definitely use that!!

Now, all I have to do is convince my DH that it is definitely worth it to drop the $300 on it. Mabye he'll surprise me and get it for our anniversary? That would be nice....although I was kind of hoping for Aerosmith Guitar Hero for XBOX 360.... hmmm.....tough call. He was the one who brought it up again today, though, so maybe he has something up his sleeve? Either way, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'll just save up those dollars that I earn and try not to spend them on more fabric! . . . . which reminds me- I need to buy backing fabric for that quilt . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before you decide to shop from HSN, check Amazon.com for your chosen model.

They often offer discounts and you'll be able to check consumer reviews about your model.

Another option to find consumer reviews is epinions.com.