Saturday, May 29, 2010

OPAM 2010 - May Finish

Here are my May finishes for OPAM 2010:
First, we have the left-overs from last year's Christmas. I made 9 of these cute little table toppers for Christmas presents, and only finished 6 of them. I finally finished the last 3, so they are ready to use as gifts this year.
Then, I have this original Christmas wall hanging. I designed it last year after getting the Christmas song "I saw three ships" stuck in my head. It was my first attempt at using thread to create the center design, instead of applique or piecing. The patchwork around the outside has holly leaves, and in the border is quilted the words to the first verse of the song. I had a blast making it, and just needed to bind it, but have been putting it off. Today I decided to finish the binding so that it's ready for Christmas. I'm so excited that I'll be able to hang it up this holiday season now!

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous wall hanging...and the table toppers are cute..well done on your finishes...

Lizard said...

Super cute!!

Sheila said...

You were really creative with your Christmas wall hanging ,great design and you were brave to try out the thread work , I have tried it a few times myself and it can be challenging .
Sheila