Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What the ....?

Tonight we, Marsh and I, went to McDonald's for dinner. Mike was driving home from Moab, which was taking forever, and Marsh wanted "Spite! Chichen! Fry!" (Sprite, chicken, fries) for dinner. I got out a box of Mac n Cheese, which usually gets him going with "CHEE! CHEE!" but he kept crying and screaming for "SPITE! CHICHEN! FRY!" So I loaded him up in the car and we headed for McDonald's.

We have several free movie rentals from RedBox that we need to use, so I decided to rent Prince Caspian, the new one. I parked the car, got out and locked the doors so no one could steal Marsh out of it while my back was turned. There wasn't anyone else at the movie stand, so I hurried and rented my movie and rushed back to the car. It was freezing outside!

When I got to the car, can you guess what I saw? Marsh sound asleep in the backseat? Nope. Marsh turning his carseat lights on and off? Nope.

Marsh sitting in the driver's seat pretending he was driving the car? YEP!

Somehow he had unbuckled his seatbelt (which he does quite frequently), and managed to climb over the parking break without disengaging it (it doesn't hold very well if you bump it. It has issues), and was sitting ever so nicely in my seat pretending to drive the car. He even had one hand on the gear shifter! SO CUTE! I wish I had my camera, because it was the funniest thing, and he had the biggest smile on his face.

2 comments:

Blakely said...

Boys!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord. Another accident waiting to be splashed across the six o'clock news. DO NOT LAUGH when you see him doing that!! He'll want to make mommy laugh more often, until he finally gets it in gear.