Monday, December 22, 2008

I know I promised, but...

Okay, so I know I promised to post pictures of the quilts I've done lately, but I have been so busy that I haven't had a second to relax! My landlady was supposed to come today to take pictures of the place and post for sale signs. Last night Marshy and I were both feeling not well at all. I'm sure that staying at work until 10:30 pm has nothing to do with this. Anyway, we called our landlady and left her a message saying we'd be more than happy to post the signs for her, but we were sick, and with Christmas coming up this week we just have been so busy getting ready we haven't had time to properly clean.

I was all set to get a good night's sleep and feel better this morning. Well, so much for either of those! I was up until 2 AM barking. I'm sure the next door neighbors wondered what sort of odd sounding dog we acquired, because it really was awful. The good news is that I'm not as congested as I have been, but the bad news is my cough is awful. It's one of those "sounds like you're going to cough up a lung" coughs. I hate those.

Anyway, Mike decided to get me up nice and early: 9 AM, and clean the house, just in case our landlady didn't get the message. She did. She called around 11 to say she'd be down later in the afternoon to drop by the signs. Later, like how later? I should have asked. She didn't show up until around 2:30. Then she was all bugged because she couldn't take pictures. "I need to do them as soon as possible," was what she said to me, in a snippy tone, like my request to maybe do it after the holidays were over was too much to ask. What? You honestly can't wait a week and a half? It took the neighbors across the hall from May until November to sell their place. The people downstairs have had theirs on the market twice now. Yeah, you aren't gonna sell any time soon, honey, you can wait two weeks to take pictures.

I had to go in to work this afternoon for a few hours. I finished 3 quilts. Yes, I know, I'm amazing *bow, bow* haha. Just kidding! I'm totally not amazing, just a little stressed. One of the quilts was the t-shirt quilt. Now I have to bind it. By tomorrow. Yeah, I know. It's quarter to 1.

So, that said, I promise that I will eventually, by Christmas, get all of my pictures uploaded. And by Christmas, means that by the end of Christmas day they should all be up! :)


Anonymous said...

I for one, am waiting to see the t-shirt quilt as I cannot imagine it holding its shape for long. How do you feel about it now that you've been working on it for so long?

Carrot Jello said...

Merry Christmas!

You’ve just been hit with Random Acts Of
“ Merry Christmas!”
Love, Carrot Jello