Bought some more fusible interfacing: 6 more yards. That makes a total of 15 yards. Stupid, though, because it went on sale today. I could've gotten it all for half off ($7.50 instead of $15.00) if I'd waited. But how was I to know?
I finished fusing the interfacing to the t-shirts, and cut the remaining shirts out. Then I cut out all of my vertical sashing strips....all 30 of them....at 2 1/2 inches wide. I still need to cut out the horizontal strips. There will only be 12 of those, thank goodness!
I also laid out all the blocks and arranged them in a pleasing manner. I even started to sew the sashing on, but then I ran out of bobbin thread, and I didn't have a pre-wound one ready, so I am done for the evening.
I would have gotten a lot more done, except that Marsh had to be taken on another car ride to get him to go to sleep. He was snoring when we got home...so cute...and then he said "OFF!" when I laid him in bed, but he didn't wake up. He must have been dreaming.
Tomorrow, Day 3, I am hoping to get the sashing all sewn onto the blocks, and the quilt top assembled. I still need to buy the backing fabric. I haven't found anything that really jumps out at me and says "This is exactly what Nate wanted! BUY ME BUY ME!" I have a couple of options, but I still need to check a few stores. Hopefully I can get this sucker quilted by next Friday. That would just be awesome!