Monday, December 15, 2008

Adventures in a T-Shirt Quilt: Day 5

Well, it's day 5, and I am still no further along than I was yesterday. I take that back. I have attached row three. Unfortunately I have discovered that the longer the t-shirts sit there, the more they stretch out. This explains why rows 1 and 2 are perfect, yet rows 3, 4, and 5 are off by about a half an inch.

Last night I unpicked rows 3, 4, and 5. Tonight I sewed row 3 back together. Then I had to unpick the first block again, and re-sew it. I finally gave up, and sewed it on to the row 1/2 unit. It is still off by a little, but what can you do? Once something has stretched out, you can't unstretch it.

I have decided that even though it is 10:45 PM, I am going to sew as late as I possible can. I also have to cut and seam a back for a different client's quilt. I will probably be up quite late, but it's okay, because I really need to get this all done, and my family understands.

My goal for tonight: Re-sew and attach row 4 to the row 1/2/3/ unit, and re-sew row 5. Hopefully attach row 5 to the rest of the rows. That would be so great to finish the quilt top tonight. We'll see.

My goal for tomorrow: Find the backing fabric so I can get this quilt ready for quilting!

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

If you dare put them in the dryer. that should shrink them up. Good luck!