Sunday, December 14, 2008

Adventures in a T-Shirt Quilt: Day 3

Well, it's day 3, and I have made quite a bit of progress on this t-shirt quilt. I pieced together all of the rows, and began to sew the rows into the quilt top.
I would've gotten the third row of blocks sewn on, but it was already 11 PM and I didn't want to make the people downstairs madder than they probably already were (because my machine has the tendency to shake the floor if I go too fast, which means it is shaking their ceiling!)

I am hoping to spend tomorrow afternoon finishing this quilt top. Then all I need to do is buy the backing fabric on Monday, and put this baby in line at the shop for quilting.

This has been surprisingly easier than I expected. The piecing has gone by fairly fast, and I'm sure if I didn't have to keep changing diapers every 30 minutes that I would definitely have gotten more done. I pieced for 3 hours tonight, and I feel like I've accomplished quite a lot.

I am definitely starting to think that this is something I would enjoy doing again and again, for both myself and for clients. In fact, I am hoping to make one for my brother for Christmas (I KNOW! I am nuts! I know it won't get finished in time, so it will be more of a Happy New Years present, probably).

No comments: