Thursday, July 31, 2008

OH MY GOSH!

Okay, so apparently I have issues. Apparently I am stupid. Apparently I thought I put my phone in my purse before I got in the car, but I really put it on top of the car instead. Apparently I got into the car and didn't grab my phone. Because, apparently it flew off the roof of my car while we were going 55 MPH on SR-198 halfway between Spanish Fork and Salem. Apparently it either had an extremely rough landing on the ground, or it got run over.

Oh I wish I could take a picture. My poor phone! It is so sad! We flipped a U and went back to look for my phone. Oh it is so sad!! There it was, laying in the middle of the road. My brave husband got out of the car to rescue it. The battery wasn't on it. We couldn't see it. He wasn't willing to risk his life for it. Oh I am so sad!!

Mike said "Don't you have a spare phone?" No, I gave it to my frister Jenny when she lost her phone. "Don't we have my old V710?" No, you sent that in during the Motorola class-action law suit. "What about your old V710?" No, we gave that to Colton, and Angel needs to keep it because of the voicemail. "Well I'm sure we have an old phone somewhere?" No dear, we don't.

So, I took it to the Verizon store at the mall. I wanted to find out if it actually worked, and had all my info, before I filed a claim with the insurance company. Fortunately I have insurance on my phone. Well, they don't carry the battery in stock. Luckily one of the girls who worked there has the Juke. She took her battery off, and put it on my phone. *TADAA!* It works! YAY! My contacts and pictures and everything are still in there!! So, all I need to do now is buy a battery. Well, no one in the region: Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho ... has one in stock. This means Mike has to order it online through the employee system.

Well. Mike left his work computer at the office. WHAT THE HECK?! It has been living on my coffee table for the last 4 months, and now he decides to take it to the office? So confused about that one. He won't be going in to the office until Monday. It takes 2 days to ship the battery to me. So, this means I am phoneless until next THURSDAY!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I don't know what I am going to do! I can't live without my phone! Not even driving down the street to the KFC to pick up a bucket of wings! 5 minutes! Not even 5 minutes! *sigh* I guess I will just have to deal.....And look really really hard for a spare phone that has a charging cable!

4 comments:

Blakely said...

I'm sorry about your phone. If I had an extra one I would send it to you.

Petersons said...

Gosh dang! You're life is stressing me out. You poor Jenny.

Anonymous said...

So, you're one of THOSE people.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Hi there - can't remember who's blog I got to yours from, but I thought the name was cute so I thought I'd visit. :) I totally feel for you and your phone...I once washed my Husband's cell in the washer, my Father in Law dropped his in the lake while boating, and I accidently dropped my digital camera in potty. We're a whole family of clutz's. :)