Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Machine Quilting

Today I finished the 2 quilts I've been stressing over at the shop. One of my clients brought in 2 massive quilts that needed to be done by the 24th. Well, since we are going out of town on the 19th, I wanted to have them done by the 17th. I've been a little stressed about them. But, today I finally finished them! YAY!!

I also went to the new Quilt Shoppe today. It was fun. I had way too much fun, in fact! But, I only spent $37, so I consider myself lucky. haha While I was up there, I spoke to the owner about quilting, and if she ever needed anything quilted, I would be more than happy to do it for her. Right then and there she handed me two quilts to do! Wahoo!! And, another customer said that she might bring down a quilt for me to do. That makes me so happy.

I've been looking for opportunities to expand my client base, and now I have one. Hopefully I can get caught up, now. I seriously have a lot of quilts to do. I have 6. My mother-in-law has 20. I have 1 from Mike's Aunt Karen. 1 from Mike's cousin Melanie. 1 from a family friend. And another 1 from one of my regular clients. And now these 2 from the Quilt Shoppe. That makes 32 quilts! Of course, mine and my mother-in-law's quilts don't all have to be done right now. They can be spread out. But still, 32 is a lot! I'm excited to get more though. It will be nice if I can have a steady flow of work, rather than one month busy, four months dead.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a couple of the smaller quilts done, and one of the bigger ones put on. Of course, that is what I am hoping to achieve. It seems like my schedule doesn't always let me achieve what I want to. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

My gosh you've got quite a bit on your hands. I wish I lived closer, I'd give you mine. My regular quilter is very behind but super close. Good luck with it all.