Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quilt 4 progress, and Vay-cay plans

So, if you'll recall, I joined the Finish 5 by the end of July Challenge. I haven't reported very much progress on my 4th quilt lately, mostly because there hasn't been any. But, tonight I decided that it needed to get off of my kitchen table and into the pile of quilts that are awaiting quilting. I have come to a realization that this pile will never actually get quilted, but at least I realize it now, right? haha Anyway, here is my progress so far.

I don't know if you can tell, but there are two different sections in this picture. The main one, that I did some work on tonight, and a smaller one that I did in about an hour. The main section is the top of the quilt, and the second section is the bottom. I got tired of wrestling so much fabric on my machine table, so I decided to start at the bottom and work my way up as much as possible.
This is a bettter picture of what I accomplished in just an hour of straight sewing. I know, I'm so dedicated. Too bad that the only time I ever have to sew is late at night on a weekend! Hopefully I will have this done before we go on vacation, but I'll talk more about that later.
This is a close up of the quilt. As you can see, it requires partial seams, and I haven't finished them on the short edges of the blue rectangles. I will go back and do those all later. Right now I really just want to get the whole thing pieced together so I don't have to worry about losing any pieces. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow, and then work on the borders. My stupid instructions don't even tell me how to attach the borders, and I think they might need partial seams as well! Grrr! Oh well.

Vay-cay plans:

So, we are going on vacation at the end of next week. I am so excited. It will be super fun! I'm hoping to get a lot of sewing done, but we'll see. Marshy will probably want to swim the whole time. I don't even know if my swim suit still fits me! I guess I'd better check that one out, eh? hehe.

As for sewing on the trip, I just realized that I have another quilt I have to do! My cousin, Melissa, is getting married on the 5th of August. For some reason I had a brain fart and thought that it was further away than it really is. Today I realized that I don't have a whole lot of time to get her quilt done. I have the pattern all drawn up, but I don't have any of the fabric yet. Fortunately, the new quilt store in our area is having a sale, and I think some of the fabrics on the sale are the perfect colors! YAY!! When Creekside closed, she bought them out, and is now selling a lot of those fabrics at only $3.00 a yard! It's a great deal! She makes you buy 1 yard increments, though. This is alright, since I was planning on making 3 of this particular quilt, and I only need about 1/4 yard of each color for each quilt. Anyway, hoping to get that done on vacation.

Plus, I want to get all of my quilts bound. I have several sitting in the other room just waiting for binding. I'm such a slacker. I also have a diaper bag I've been working on that I would like to finish. And there are so many other designs floating around in my head that I want to do. Oh, so much to do so little time!

But, the main goal is to have fun, right? Hang out at the pool in all my orca fat-ness with my baby and get a tan on my pasty white body. That will be my priority. And maybe work out a little. We'll see. I'll take my running shoes, but I doubt they'll see much treadmill action. Who knows, though? Anything could happen on vacation.

No comments: