Friday, July 25, 2008

Sad yet surprisingly happy

Tomorrow we go home from our "joyful" vacation. Yes, I am quite happy to finally be going home. No more sitting in the room bored out of my skull while my baby goes to bed, because he won't go to sleep unless I'm in there with him. No more only having 1 uncomfortable pillow to sleep on instead of 2 delightfully fluffy pillows (and please, no jokes about that one, okay Grandpa Neil?)

Back to our comfortable bed. Back to Marshy's lovely secluded room with his nice little crib that he sleeps so well in. Back to air conditioning.

Of course, we will be returning to the normal chaos of our lives....work, play, quilting, sewing, flowers, cooking, shopping, normal stuff. But at this point, I am totally happy going back to the chaos. So, maybe I'll upload pictures when we get home. Maybe not. We'll see.

6 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

We leave Tues on our vacation. I'm sure I will feel sorta the same way when its time to come home. I'm really a homebody.

Kathi D said...

I am right with you on the pillows. I LOVE my huge fluffy down pillows and I miss them when I am away.

Anonymous said...

Lord, didn't the good lord of all that is holy give you gals BRAINS?? I take my pillows with me!

Bonnie the Boss said...

It is always so nice to go home to the normal chaos!!Instead of away from home chaos.
I always take my pillows too. Even if I am short on space I make the kids sit on them.

Neil said...

Pillows? You do take yours with you everywhere you go!!

Jo said...

Hey! I said no comments Grandpa Neil!! haha J/k. It's true. I do take a set with me everywhere, don't I? I wouldn't be "Busty" LaRue if I didn't!! :)