Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Electronics and Toilets don't mix

We have a really nice USB mouse for our laptop. I love it. It makes my job so much easier when I'm listing things on ebay, or I want to play a game on the computer. Well....we made the mistake of letting Marshy play with it once.

Now, every time he sees the mouse, he wants to play with it. Today he found it on the table, and went running down the hall. I didn't really think anything of it, until I heard the toilet lid slam shut! OH NO! I went running into the bathroom. What did I find?

Marshall's arms both completely soaked from hand to shoulder, the mouse dripping wet, and water all over my newly cleaned rugs. Fortunately, I had just barely cleaned the bathroom. But still!! There was water all over the toilet seat (he didn't figure out how to lift that part up), and all down the sides and all over the floor. I was on the phone with my mom, and I quickly hung up, placing my phone on the counter while I tackled the mess.

Not only did he try to grab the toilet paper I wiped the toilet down with out of the bowl while it was flushing, he tried to throw my phone in the sink while I was washing his hands and arms off!! Luckily, my phone didn't sustain any lasting damage. Buy my poor poor mouse. It doesn't work anymore :(

Lesson learned? Make sure that the bathroom door is always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS closed! At least we got the mouse for free, so we didn't lose any money!

5 comments:

Gina said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh.

Gemma wasn't into throwing things down the toilet. She was into burying things in the garden. I pity the poor people who dig our garden after we've left. I dread to think what they will find.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Melanie said...

Ah yes, I believe I have a similar story about my cell phone. Wrecked wrecked wrecked.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my I DO remember those days!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Sometimes if you take those things apart and let them dry for a couple days they will work again. Wehad to do it with a phone and a Camara. I had one kid who would throw stuff in the toilet then stand on it.

Rachael said...

Oh, I can totally relate!
I just had to buy a new cell phone (one throw at the wall was all it took to make it completely useless. One throw! Corban is too strong. They couldn't even transfer the numbers, so can you email me your phone number? :)
rachymaree at gmail dot com
Thanks.
We should get together this month.