Saturday, July 5, 2008

What am I doing?


It is well after midnight here, and I find myself hurriedly making No Bake Chocolate Cookies for the family reunion tomorrow afternoon. Yes, I sure did put it off. I totally forgot we were supposed to bring a dessert to share until around 6:30 tonight when someone mentioned that they didn't have anything they needed. I was going to make chocolate chip cookies, but that involves using an oven and a timer, and since it was after midnight when I started, I figured I should do a "no bake" option.
Why didn't I just make it in the morning? you ask. Well, because my local brand spanking new fabric shop is having a small sale in front of their store at 8 AM. Select fabrics are only $3.00 a yard! What a steal! I need 3 yards of fabric for my Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt, and I thought to myself "Self, you can't get it any cheaper at Jo-Ann's, so you might as well go check it out." Of course, I HAVE to get there early before all the good fabrics are gone!
So, here I sit patiently waiting for the cookies on the Silpat to cool enough that I can put them in the refrigerator until tomorrow morning. Hopefully they end up tasting good. I licked the spoon, and it was delightful, but you never know with these things....they might be nasty after they've hardened. Or maybe I'll just tell everyone they turned out bad and eat them all myself!!!

1 comment:

Kathi D said...

My mean cousin in Arkansas taught me how to make those cookies when I was 9 years old and I have loved them ever since. I went through a period of not liking peanut butter (I know, how CRAZY!) so I made them with all butter, and I have had them turn out way overcooked and way undercooked and every way in between, and I still love them.