This one was really fun to make. It ended up being a little bigger than the one I made for my tutorial. Also, the waistband ended up being a little shorter than the apron skirt itself, so I adjusted the pattern and put in a small pleat on each side, about 1 inch in from the binding. The fabric looks blue in this picture, but it is actually a really pretty lavendar. The striped fabric has some tan in it. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and how well the fabrics and the prints worked together.
This is the other apron I made. It has really cool red prints. The middle fabric is my favorite, because it has giant blue flowers on it. I had some of the same issues with this one as I did with the purple one, only it was the same size as the first one I made.
In addition to the cool aprons I made, I finished the quilt top I started for my aunt. Their newly adopted son, Oliver, is two. I am so excited to finish this quilt. I can't wait to get it onto the Gammil and quilt it up! I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern, only instead of using borders and cutting the extra 4 squares to be corner squares, I just made a 5th row. I wanted to avoid having the same color touch itself, but that proved to be impossible! It seemed the more I tried to avoid it, the worse it got, so I finally just gave up and sewed it all together. It turned out pretty cute, I'd say!
My goal for tomorrow is to get the three finished baby quilts quilted, and take lots of pictures of items I need to sell on ebay for work! It will definitely be a long day, and I don't know if you'll see me tomorrow at all, but it will be worth it to get everything done! Here's to hoping.