Sunday, November 23, 2008

Remember this?

Probably not, because I don't think I ever actually posted a picture of this quilt progress on here. Anyway, this is the progress so far on Grandma M's quilt. It is massive! There are 10 rows, and I have only sewn on 2. Then of course there are the borders. And the backing. The 8 yards of backing. Oh! But good news regarding that! I found a store online that sells the 108" wide fabric from the same collection, and it is only $13.49 a yard, and I would only need 3 yards of it. I can't decide between blue or pink, but once I do, I am totally buying it! $40 is a lot easier on the wallet than $72.
Wanna know how it is hanging on my door? Yes, that is my front door. Yes, it is magnetic. Remember those car door advertising magnets I ordered that don't work on my car because Saturn uses fiberglass instead of metal? Yeah, they have been stuck to my door since then, and I have now found a wonderful use for them!
This is the pattern. I'm doing the middle size, so not quite as big as the whole picture shows. But still pretty big. I can only hope I can find the time to get it quilted and bound!! Eek! I keep getting quilts, not that that is a bad thing. It's a good thing. But then I wonder when I will have time to do my quilts. All three of them. I guess what I'll have to do is start easing them into the line. I'm going to have to hurry and get them done because Christmas is coming so soon!

No comments: