Friday, November 7, 2008

Back to School! :)


I have recently gone back to school. I know, I am already so busy, what was I thinking?! Well, I was thinking that having a job that starts at $20,000 a year is better for getting a building loan than a job that gets "Sometimes $800 a month, sometimes more or less". So, I decided to go back to school. Not actually on a campus though, just online school.
The school I am going to is Fayetteville Technical Community College in, you guessed it, Fayetteville NC. I am taking the medical transcription course. I should be done by May or June with both parts. YAY!
FTCC has partnered with Career Step to offer this course. So far I am enjoying it. They have this "study plan" tool that lets you put in your desired completion date and then it tells you how many hours you need to study a week, when you have to have each module done, and it shows your progress so far. It's pretty cool. I want to finish part 1 by Jan. 31st, so I have to study around 40 hours a week. Yeah!
I have been doing most of my studying at home at night. Last night, I was working on the keyboard kinetics module, which is full of typing tests and stuff, and I was so into it that before I knew it it was 4 AM! What the heck? 4 hours sure does go by fast!! :) Oh, and without practicing I got 100 WPM on my first test! I'm pretty proud about that one.
There is a downside to going to school though, and that is that you actually have to study. I have forgotten how much studying is involved in school work. I think that's why I haven't ever gone back after I left the U of U (GO UTES!). This isn't boring studying like before, though. This is actually really fun. I am pleasantly surprised. Now if I can just stay on the roll I'm on, and finish by my goal. That would be awesome!

2 comments:

I am a mother! said...

What are you going to get your degree in? Good luck!!

Blakely said...

I went back and got my masters. I finished last year and I don't know how I did it. Best of Luck!