Friday, November 7, 2008

Playing Catch up

Firstly, I mentioned in a post earlier today that I was going back to school for Medical Transcription. Well, when I got home today my books were waiting for me!! (and my foot pedal, but I think I'm the only one excited about that...Mike thought it was wierd I was so excited about it).
Note how big the bottom book is compared to my average-sized thumb? yeah, HUGE!

I think I was most excited about this book though, my Illustrated Medical Dictionary. Woah, it is so heavy! The box weighed almost 14 lbs, and I think I know why!!
Secondly, I think I mentioned before that I am making quilts for Christmas this year. Well, this is Grandma H's quilt, blocks all pieced, laid out waiting to be sewn into a top.
And this is Grandma H's quilt top! YAY!
And this is my favorite block out of all of them, I think. Ooh I love this fabric! Cotton Blossoms by BONNIE OLAVESON AND CAMILLE ROSKELLEY FOR MODA FABRICS. (sorry that's all in caps, I copied and pasted, and it wound up that way. Oops!) There are two different color lines, but I bought them both and combined them into one quilt, and I think it turned out a lot better than I thought it would!
I want to back this one in Minkee, but I'm not sure. It's 60 x 60, so as far as I can figure out I would have to buy 4 yards of that stuff, and it isn't the cheapest fabric ever made. But, it would make this an even lovlier, and snugglier, gift. Doncha think? Still not sure, but I'm thinking we might splurge a little on it, since all we did last year was flowers for G-ma.
I also finished these three quilts for a client, "M", and this cute quilt for another client. Right now I am working on this really cute quilt for my client, "Joy". She wants diagonal lines quilted across the thing in sets of 3, 1/4 in apart. HOLY COW! It is turning out to be a chore, but it will definitely be worth it. I have only done about half the lines, but it is already looking so dang cute!! I am so excited to share pictures. Hopefully I can get it done this weekend. *fingers crossed* I've only been working on it since Tuesday!! It isn't that big a quilt, but ruler work is a lot more time consuming than I would have thought.
Well, I'd better get back to studying before I hit the hay! Got goals to keep up with after all! :)

1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

The quilt for your Grandma is gorgeous! I love Cotton Blossoms. If you want Minkee, you need to run to Gracies (in your jammies) before 10am today. It's the Pajama party, and you'll get 20%off!