Monday, November 3, 2008

Christmas project progress


Pardon the dirty plate sitting next to the quilt....I had just eaten a brownie.....or half a pan....tomato tomahto. Anyway, this is the quilt for one of my grandma's for Christmas. I haven't sewn the blocks together yet. I just layed them out, numbered them, and then stacked them all back up. I love the fabrics the kit used. There are two borders, which I will eventually add to this massive thing.

I also cut out all the fabrics for other grandma's quilt and organized them into coordinating piles. I'm hoping to make some progress on that quilt soon.

I also started stitching the ornament handles for my Christmas wall hanging I bought in a kit. It isn't like I don't already have enough projects going on or anything. It's not like my kitchen table is now sitting in the middle of the living room because I ran out of room in the kitchen for putting my half-finished projects.

It's not like I have 4 quilts cut and/or partially pieced, a backpack in the making, and fabric for 3 bags that I think I can create, and faric for a set of Mario themed pillows and a quilt all spread across my kitchen on chairs and tables and counters and in bags all over the place. Okay, so maybe it is like that. Maybe that's why my table is in my living room. But it's just so convenient to have the couches, the entertainment enter, and the coffee table to put things on! Not to mention the ironing board that is perma-set up between the kitchen and the living room.

Hmmm....I really need a sewing night, doncha think? Yeah. That would be nice. Of course, the sooner I finish the projects, the sooner I'll have more messing up the place!

1 comment:

I am a mother! said...

I'm going private. Please email me your email address so that I can send you an invite =-)

faith.burk@gmail.com