Monday, January 19, 2009

Hard

School has gone from being super simple to REALLY HARD all of a sudden! It's crazy. They're throwing words that sound the same at me, like ilium and ileum (which are two completely different things). It's nuts. The closer I get to actually having to transcribe something, the scareder (yes, it's a word!) I get!! I feel like my brain is giong through a mental overload at times. Also, I find that no matter when I study, I have to eat carbs whilst studying so that my brain will continue to function. As of right now, I am out of carbs!! I am so tempted to just jump in the car and go grab a Coke somewhere, but I have been 2 weeks without any caffeine. Do you know how hard it will be to quit again if I slip up and have one now?? This is harder than when I quit caffeine because I was pregnant. And that was hard! Back then I needed my early morning TCBY cappucino milk shake with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a cherry to start my day off right. Ooh it was so tasty! And so fattening. But ooh it was tasty!

Can't.....Give.....In.....Must.....Resist......Urges.....Don't.....Need.....Coke.....Anymore.......

ANYWAY... It's a little after midnight, and I have to take a quick study break. Fortunately for me, I decided to browse housing on craigslist, and I think I've found a good place. 2 bed, 1 1/2 bath, $650 a month. And it's close to the family and my work. According to the ad it's 1130 sq ft, which is 30 feet bigger than where we are now. That must mean extra large living areas?? (we have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath at 1100 sq ft right now) The great part is that it isn't available until mid-March, and our contract is up end of March, so that would be PERFECT! I'm going to call on it in the morning. Oh please let it be nice (or at least not a rat-hole) and still available!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are braver than I. I could not even begin to imagine giving up Diet Pepsi!

I am a mother! said...

Hope the apartment is nice and that you get it!!

Hey It's Di said...

I cannot even think of dieting AND giving up my security blanket (aka Diet Coke w/lime) at the same time. I refuse to be THAT good. Good luck though;)

I hope you get your studies figured out and your place to rent secured. Do you want a young couple to come live with you?? haha! I know I don't:)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you encouraged the raging and fanatical comments that have been posted on my comment page concerning the words CAT and BLACK. As long as there are people who rant and rage long after the situation has been defused, there will always be strife. I do not see a black president. I see a president. And yet, so many others see a BLACK first and president second. And for this, there has to be special monitoring, escalating rage and repetitive agressive behavior. I don't think MLK had that in mind.