Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mystery Quilt finished

I finished the mystery quilt top just in time! Tomorrow I get to buy the backing fabric and quilt it. I was afraid I wasn't going to finish in time, because halfway through the day Marsh and I had to run to Joann's for some interfacing (not for this quilt, for a t-shirt quilt for my little brother). While we were there, Marsh saw a stack of fat quarters and grabbed them. On one of them were frogs (which when he says it does not sound like frog) and on another piece were leaves that reminded him of Kota's leaves. He kept yelling "Saur! Saur! [frog]! [frog]!" So I bought the fabric for him. He wants Kota to have a "bankdie" too, so now I am making him a super simple quilt out of these fat quarters. It will be cute. Pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Anyway......
The picture makes the orange look really harsh, but it's really not that bright. It looks more like a rusty orange. I am not sure what is up with Mike's camera, but it is being weird.
This picture I took with my camera. See? Not as harsh an orange. Not sure what color I want to back it in. I'm thinking either a tan or a navy blue. What are your thoughts? The binding will be the navy blue, too.
And, while you're thinking about what color I should back this in....go take a look at this super cute quilt I did for a client!

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow I love it, like the dark inner border that really sets it off.

Jana Nielson said...

That quilt is really cute! It would be a cute baby quilt too.

Have fun making a bankdie for your frogging saur!