It's fixed! It's fixed! Hooray hooray! It's fixed! I took my gammill to the shop today, and the technician worked on it and now it is fixed! YAY! Everything works now. The regulated stitch didn't work, partly because it was jammed with threads, but also because the cables were bad, so he replaced those. Then, every time I changed the needle I would have to re-time the machine. Well, turns out that the needle bar was too low, and the hopping foot was too high, thus making it so that every time I changed the needle it would screw up the timing. He said I should be fine to use a 3.0, 3.5 and even a 4.0 needle. YAY! No more retiming! :)
While I was there, Rick and Linda Taylor were there. Linda is an AWESOME quilter. She does amazing work. She asked me if I was happy to have my machine back, and I said I was just happy to have stitch regulator working for the first time in 1.5 years. She couldn't believe I had never used regulated stitch! But then she said that now that I have it, I will have more control, because I have had to do everything without the regulated stitch, and that a lot of people aren't that "lucky". WooHoo!!
Now the machine is back at Sweetbriar, but not put together on the table. Mike gets home on Friday night from his business trip, so he will be able to put it all back together for me on Saturday, because some of the parts we ordered (that need to be installed before it gets put back together) came this week. YAY! Then I can get back to work..... finally!