Monday, August 11, 2008

As I sit here watching the Olympics . . .

I hear cries coming from the room down the hall. Now, normally I wouldn't mind. Except that it's 11 PM, and he has only been asleep for a few hours. He didn't want to go to bed. He does this periodically. I dreaded going down the hall to find out what was wrong. But I went anyway.

I opened the door, and there he was lying in his crib. "What's wrong honey?" I asked. He sat up, bottle in hand:

MORE!

Who taught him this "more" word?! And why didn't they teach him "more please?" Rude! Oh well, I guess it is better than what Uncle "Bob" has been trying to teach him to say. I guess I should just be happy he is back asleep, huh? Maybe I should go to bed too. That would be smart. Except that it's still men's gymnastics. And our team has been awesome tonight (until pommel horse....I'm a little disappointed there). Good job, boys! Oh yeah, and good job to Michael Phelps, too. That was awesome! Good luck tomorrow!

GO TEAM USA!!!!

2 comments:

Blakely said...

I'm addicted to the Olymics. I had to force myself to go to bed at Midnight.

Hey It's Di said...

Yeah, I'm just lucky if my kids can say anything nice with Bob teaching them all that he does:(