Friday, May 2, 2008

Quilting and other projects

This is the finished quilt for our friend Chelsey. I put it on the Gamill and got it totally quilted today. I used a light purple thread, and quilted big daisy flowers in the nine patch blocks, and did a loop pattern in the cut-apart nine patch blocks. It turned out really cute.
On Thursday I put on the quilt for my friend Taylor. She is due in June, but her baby shower is on Sunday. I can't go, because it's my mom's birthday, but I figured I still ought to try to get the quilt to her shortly after her shower. I really wasn't sure if I liked how the quilt turned out until I got it quilted. Now I am really happy with it, and I think it looks great!
I did a meander throughout the blocks, using light blue thread.
Then throughout the borders, I did a really tight loop pattern. Yeah, I know, I know. I swore that I was NEVER going to do tiny loops again, but apparently I forgot. It still turned out really cute!
Tuesday I'm going to try and get the quilt for my aunt's baby all done. Then hopefully I can focus on getting all of the quilts bound and finished and shipped off to their recipients.

Then it's off to the next project or two or three! I have so many ideas running through my head right now, that it makes it hard to sleep sometimes! Has anyone else had that? It is totally driving me crazy!! I really need to start writing all of my ideas down so that I don't forget something!

Among the projects is a bedroom set for Marshy-marsh. Ideally I would like to make matching bedding for the Disney's Cars quilt I'm going to make for him...eventually! Also, I am working on several quilts to sell on etsy eventually. And I have some other quilts I need to quilt and bind so I can either sell them on etsy....maybe. We'll see if I can let them go! haha I will definitely keep ya'all posted!



2 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

One word....Effexor!

Neil said...

You are a maniac!!! No one get as much done as you do with a little running child and a job. I think Lola might have something there!! Although, it hasn't slowed her down much. love ya, MUM