Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh how I {heart} GOOGLE!

So, after I wrote my last post yesterday, I decided to do a little research on Google as to what would actually happen, should Marshy-marsh have gotten some of the Comet in his mouth. Now, I am pretty sure he didn't, because I smelled it and it smelled like baby mouth, not cleaner. Also, I am pretty sure that none got in his eyes because he would have been SCREAMING hysterically. Well, I found a nifty website, courtesy of Google, that lists all of the cleaner's properties and what you should do should you actually ingest the cleaner.

WELL! Luckily enough, Comet isn't that dangerous!! The sheet lists the symptoms that occur when ingested, and it says that "mild gastrointestinal irritation" may occur, along with naseua, vomiting and diarrhea. Now, while I don't like barf or poop, it sure beats a trip to the emergency room (in an ambulance, because Mike had my car with my car seat last night). The last time we went to the emergency room, my bill was $560 for the ambulance, $500 for the ER, $450 to see the on-call ER doctor (who looked in Marshy's ears and said he had an ear infection and handed us a prescription). Forutnately we have good insurance, but it was like pulling teeth to get the ambulance company to stop billing me! I think they finally got the message because my insurance company paid them, and I haven't gotten a bill lately. ANYWAY, I digress....

No barf or poop at our house. Well, no out of the ordinary poop. Marshy is acting just fine. And, he is even asleep right now! I'm sure it is because he didn't get to go to bed until 10:30. We were working in Mike's parents yard, pulling weeds and such, and time got away from us. Yes, we pull weeds in dark. It's fun!

OH! And speaking of what to do if kids eat stuff......If your child happens to eat a Silica Gel packet, even though they say DO NOT EAT, don't worry! You don't have to call Poison Control, because they will just tell you that it is harmless. "Basically it is like eating sand" is what the guy told me. Yes, Marshy ate several packets last Christmas. And yes, I called Poison Control. If only I had known that it wouldn't hurt him, I wouldn't have had to go through all the hassel, and give them my info. Luckily, since it wasn't a dangerous chemical he ate, they haven't had to follow up or make visits and inspections, etc. {whew!} I sure wish I had Google then, or at least my computer. But, now I have Google. And I {heart} it so much!!

3 comments:

Neil said...

It is always better to check google first because poison control hounds you to death if you call them. Unless you know it is something realllllly bad! Maybe you should give Marsh some M&Ms. MUM

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Ok kids! Its amazing we live through those moments.

Lola said...

Yes...but google told me that I have Downs Syndrome...google isn't always right....is it?