Saturday, February 28, 2009

FREEDOM!!!!

I really should be studying right now, but I had to share my joy.

We no longer have keys to the old apartment! HOORAY!! HOORAY!! HOORAY!!


Seriously, I am so happy that I no longer have to drive up to Provo to clean until 3 in the morning and then drive back down to SF. I can now devote 100% of my "spare" time to cleaning and finishing unpacking....which needs to be done by Monday night because we are getting our new washer and dryer on TUESDAY!!!

Also, my parents came down from the SLC today, with a really great office chair and their old microwave. They picked up 2 gi-normous tupperware containers that I had packed my fabric into (barely) when we moved. Seriously, these are the huge ones that you can pack all your Christmas decor in. Yeah, sad. I have a lot of fabric.

I am so grateful to finally have a microwave again. Seriously, you don't realize how much you take it for granted. Last night we made rolls, and Mike went to melt a stick of butter in the ..... oh yeah, we didn't have a microwave. He had to put it in a saucepan in the oven for 10 minutes. Not anymore though. We have an awesome full-size microwave (that takes up half the kitchen, but I am totally willing to give up that counter space for a microwave!)

Speaking of fabric earlier..... I am now the "squeaky wheel" at our house. I have no where to sew, and it is making me sad. I am going through withdrawls. Mike says that this "squeaky wheel" won't get fixed if it squeaks enough though. I hope think he is joking. I'm hoping to find a remedy for this problem fairly soon, and am welcoming all suggestions. ... except for "use your kitchen table" because I don't have an actual table, I have a folding table and that won't work. :(
Well, it's off to study now, just had to share in all of my joy and excitement over the little things in life.

2 comments:

Jillybean said...

I can't tell you how many years my sewing machine sat on our kitchen table. We ate dinner on the other half.
I cut out my fabric on the living room floor too. And I stored a bunch of fabric next to/behind the couch.
It can be done.
Just be really careful not to stash a pile of chiffon under the couch and then try to vacuum under there, because if the fabric gets eaten by the vacuum, things could get ugly, and you may need to trade your third born to the vacuum repair man to get it fixed.

Melanie said...

Congrats on your move..I know that Provo drive to SF or Salem is time consuming!