Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's been a while....

It's been a while since my last post, but don't worry! I'm still alive! Things have just been really hectic around here. First of all, I have been up to my eyeballs in quilts! Not that that is a bad thing. It is actually a really good thing. I like being busy. However, I don't like being busy and then having machine issues.

My machine has been causing all sorts of issues for me. Lately thread has been knotting up on the backside of my test fabrics. UGH! I called my technician today, and found out it was either the intermittent tension, the bobbin tension, the hopping foot height, the needle bar height, or the check spring. Yeah, real easy to narrow down, huh? AND! If it isn't one of those, then it could just be that the sewing hook assembly needs to be replaced, and that's only $150. But, that is worse case scenario. I'm really hoping it doesn't come down to that. I have figured out that the machine only causes the issue when it is in regulated mode (sniff sniff! That is my favorite mode to sew in). It doesn't have any problems when it is set to a constant motor speed. Fortunately, until August, I have been quiting in motor speed mode for the past 2 years, so I'm used to that mode.

Anyway, I have completed three of the eight quilts I need to finish this week. First, there is the cute circle quilt (more pictures and close ups here).

Then there was the cute witches shoes (more pictures and close ups here).
The last quilt I've finished was this cute panel quilt (more pictures and close ups here).
Also, we've had some fun at the shop with our new "pet". The other day, the dance studio next door asked Angel to come kill a huge spider for them. Turns out it was a Black Widow. Yeah! And it is massive!

There was also a smaller black widow that they caught. I understand there was a third one, but they think it ran outside. Apparently they had to dismantel an entire shelving unit to get the spiders.
The big one freaked out for a really long time. Especially after Mike accidentally knocked the vase onto the floor and it shattered! The little spider got squished, but the big one got recaptured. She has calmed down a lot now, and just kind of chills in the vase, until you move it or tap it or bug her.

Also, Marshy is now officially TWO YEARS OLD! Yay! He is such a big boy. On Tuesday he got one of the floral mache pots and put it on his head. One of the cousins back in the day started the trend. I believe it was on a St. Patrick's Day, and instead of saying leprechaun they said Apricorn. So now whenever someone wears a mache pot on their head we all say "Look! It's an Apricorn!"

He was being tired and shy in these pictures. It seriously took like 5 minutes for us to get Marshy to look at the camera.
( I don't like this picture because it makes my face look fat. Stupid camera!) But isn't he so cute and tired?? I love it!

Well, that's all I have for right now. I'm hoping that I can finish three more quilts by the end of the week. So, if I don't post for a while, it's because I'm busy quilting. But I will try to post my progress throughout the rest of the week.

3 comments:

Jillybean said...

Those quilts are amazing!!

I love the one with the witches feet.

Nanette Merrill said...

What cute pictures. Love them. The quilts are darling. They are just so cute to get us in the mood. Now that spider! FRIGHTENING. I'm more afraid of bats, mice and roaches than black widows though.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Happy Birthday Marshy!! Sorry I am late. EWWWW on the spider. Shudder!
Love the boot quilt. I enjoy so much the magic your fingers can make. You and Bessie anyway!