Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy Busy

Oh boy have I been busy lately! It's been crazy!! A few months ago Mike made me a deal that if I got 15 brand new clients during the month of October, he'd either a) pay for a class for me, b) pay several of my machine payments, c) invest in a major thread and batting purchase for me, or d) just give me the money (and I would of course buy a new laptop! haha). Well, he didn't think I'd be able to do it! I'm still a little skeptical myself, but somehow I have already managed to get 6 of the 15!! The funny thing is that the whole reason Mike was doing this was so that I'd have to go out and network and pass out my business cards and everything. But, I have been so busy with quilts this month that I haven't done anything. These 6 people have just randomly come to me. It's kind of nice. I am glad I'm staying busy, because I wasn't really sure what I would do when I ran out of quilts!!

Also, I've been dabbling in making bags and patterns. I've been using my tote bag to carry my work stuff in. Lately it has been doubling as a diaper bag. I'm so tired of having to cram all of Marshy's stuff in there! So I decided that maybe he would like to have a little backpack. I have been working on designing and making the backpack. It's the perfect little 2 year old size. I can use it for a diaper bag, but Marshy can use it when he gets out of diapers as a bag for his toys and coloring books and stuff.

I've also been having to spend a TON of time just sitting here with the laptop on my lap careully holding the plug in place so as to charge the battery completely. UGH! Stupid laptop.

SO! If you are wondering why I haven't posted for a while, that is why. I do have pictures of quilts to upload, but as it happens, I'm sitting with the laptop on my lap carefully holding the plug in place so as to charge the battery completely! I'm hoping to be able to upload pictures later this week.

2 comments:

Hey It's Di said...

Holding the cord just right for the laptop to get "juice" is one of my favorite things to do....OR NOT! It gets me really bothered actually. Good luck with that!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Good luck with the new customers. I hope you do get a new laptop. Not fun having to hold the cord in.