Friday, October 17, 2008

Fruits of my Labor

Oh I have been so busy! I love being busy, but sometimes it gets a little stressful. Like, when your machine breaks down halfway through a quilt..... And then you have to beg your DH to come over and fix it! Yeah, so fun. At least the quilt turned out cute.

The back looks awesome! I love the gradient backing fabric she used. Go check it out here.

I also finished this one: She just wanted me to do the quilting in the background. It is such a cute quilt!

I still have about 7 or 8 quilts to finish. It's not all that stressful, except for the one for the wedding. Cousin Nicole is getting married next Friday. She brought me a quilt that she would like quilted by then. Actually, I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow. I am about 1/3 done with it. I started it today. I'm sure I would've gotten a lot farther except I kept getting distracted.

I just bought a new POS system. Now I don't have to photocopy EVERYTHING, and I'll actually have an actual accounting program, instead of envelopes full of receipts! yeah, you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Now that I'm a "legit" business (not that I wasn't before, I was working for another company, but now I'm my own entity) I have been super busy getting everything organized. Mike just fixed my computer...no, not my laptop. My old desktop (that was supposed to be our jukebox in the near future) so that we can install the POS system. Stupid thing about it though was we paid for the downloadable copy with our paypal, but because it's coming out of the bank account instead of off of a credit card, it will take 4 days for the charge to clear. What the heck?! STUPID!

I'm hoping to really buckle down and get some work done tomorrow. Where did that phrase come: "Buckle down"? It doesn't make sense. How does one buckle down? Hmmm....curiouser and curiouser. Anyway, here's to getting lots of work done tomorrow! *clink* haha

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

You are a very talented quilter. I absolutely love the swirls inside the blocks. It makes a movement that is fabulous. The other quilt is really darling too. I wish we lived closer! I'd bring you my stuff.

I am a mother! said...

Congrats on having your own business. Someday I'll have to have you do one for me. Your quilts are so cute!