Friday, October 3, 2008

A Day in the Car

I feel like I have spent most of this day in my car! I hate driving! It always makes me so tired! I honestly don't know how Mike can do it all the time.

First, I had to go to the bank. If I want to go through the drive-thru (which I do, because I hate having to get out and go inside Macey's or Wal-Mart just to make a deposit) then I have to drive clear up to Orem. So, we drove up to Orem. Then we drove back down to Salem to work. Well, by the time we got down there it was almost time for lunch. I missed breakfast so I was starving! I dropped Marshy off and then ran down to Payson to get lunch at Subway.

Then I started working on this quilt (below).

I got it put onto the quilt table and had it almost finished when I realized I didn't have enough thread! UGH! I was going to go up to Salt Lake tomorrow, and we were going to stop at my supplier to get some thread. But the quilt needs to be bound by tomorrow night, so I had to go up tonight. So, at 3 PM Marshy and I hopped in the car and started driving up to Salt Lake. He fell asleep right before we got to the 9000 South exit. We were stuck in awful traffic (they're doing construction all over 9000 South) so I had time to snap this photo with my camera phone:
I think it's so cute! He had such a grumpy look on his face! What cutie! I love him!

Anyway, we finally got to the quilt store. I ran in really quick, grabbed the thread I needed and then we started back home. I got back to Salem at about 5 PM, hurried and finished the quilt, and then at 6 PM headed home. Of course, I got stuck in the awful traffic due to all of the construction! First they have all of the lane shifts in between Benjamin and Spanish Fork, and then they have all the shoulder work going on in Springville. I hate having to slow down to 55, then speed up to 65, then slow down to 55 then speed back up. Besides, they don't even monitor the construction zones, so people go speeding by doing 75, or ride your bumper because you are going the posted speed limit and then flip you off as they speed past you.

Fortunately I don't have to drive when we go places this weekend. It will be a nice break after today.

No comments: