I finished this one late last night. I had started to bind it while we waited at Discount Tire yesterday for our new tires, which are a dream! I finally finished it last night. There are more pictures of it here, for those of you interested in the close-ups on the detail.
Now that both of my Halloween quilts are done, I just have to finish binding my "comfort" quilt. I need to come up with a better name for it, because everytime I tell my mom about it I have to remind her that it's not cuz it's a cuddly quilt, that's what it provided for me when I designed it: comfort. You can see a picture of the completed quilt top here, and read about how it came into being here. Anyway, it's just the prototype. I bought some really great fabrics last month from Gracie Lou's, and I just bought the backing and binding fabrics this last week so that I can make the actual quilt.
Not that it isn't an actual quilt...I wasn't sure if bits of the pattern would work out, so I wanted to do a test quilt on fabrics that I already had in my stash, which meant that I had to adjust some of the measurements, especially where the borders are concerned. I ended up only needing 1 yard of backing and binding fabric, and got a great deal at Gracie Lou's on some awesome fabric for it. Sometimes she sells clearance fabric for more than half off. Anyway, it turned out really well, so now I am going to make it the way I wanted it to be: with the full borders and detail and stuff.
Before I can start on it though, I need to finish binding the rest of my quilts. Especially Marshy's Hungry Caterpillar quilt! His birthday is coming up at the end of the month, and I want it done by then.