Friday, September 26, 2008

We figured it out

This is a picture of a piece of equipment that came with the Gammill when we bought it. No one knew how to use it. They don't even make it anymore! We found out that it is the original Design Center. They have now made an even cooler design center, that is apparently easier to use....except that it's $1500...a little pricey, wouldn't you say? So I was determined to figure out how to use the one I had.

One of my clients brought me a really cute quilt, and she wants concentric circles done inside the circles in the quilt. Well, I didn't know how I was ever going to make a perfect circle. Let alone as many as I needed to make for the quilt. I had looked online for a plexi template and hadn't been able to find anything. Then I even considered the old school trick of using a pin and thread to make your own compass. But I don't really like to mark on clients quilts, unless it is with chalk, which wipes right off.

That's when Mike said "I'm pretty sure you should be able to make circles with your machine!" He got out the original deisgn center and set to work figuring it out. Within 30 minutes, Mike knew exactly how it worked and how to make circles. I tested it out, and let me say it is COOL! I'm so excited to use it on a quilt now.

No comments: