At the beginning of July I started this quilt. I ordered the kit from a magazine, because I just had to have it. Today I finished quilting it. Finally! Here are some of the pictures I took. You can see the rest of them here, along with some more detail in how I quilted the quilt.
I wanted the food bits to puff out a bit, so I outlined them and then did tight quilting around them. I didn't know what to do in the corners, so I did a butterfly in each one.
With the three panels in the middle I outlined them and then did a medium sized meander around it. I also outlined all of the individual circles in the dot border. Yes, I know. I am that crazy. By the time I was done with the center panel part of the quilt I couldn't feel anything from my shoulders down! I was going really fast, so it was kind of numbing. I also could barely ungrip my hands from the handles. Ouch!
This is the back of the quilt. I totally lucked out with this quilt, because when I bought the backing fabric I didn't have the quilt top with me and it ended up matching perfectly. Then, when I bought the thread (which is called watermelon sorbet. it's a variegated thread) I didn't have the backing with me, and it ended up matching perfectly, as you can see below. You have to look really closely to see the stitching on the backing. It's there, but the thread matches so well that it practically blends in like it was part of the fabric. I love that!
I can't wait to bind it now. Marshy will just love it. He was so excited when I put it on the machine the other day.