Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I can't believe it happened!


So I have always, always, always said that I wouldn't read Twilight, because "It's a book about a girl falling in love with a vampire....DUMB!" of course I failed to realize that that same scenario happens in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which happens to be one of my secret all-time favorite TV shows.

Well, after Breaking Dawn came out, I caved in. I borrowed Twilight from Angel. It's been sitting on my kitchen counter for about a month. I finally broke down and started reading the book. A few nights ago I read the Prologue. Then, the other night I read the first two chapters. Last night I read Chapters 3-24. Yep. I was up all night. Actually, I didn't really get much sleep. I think I slept from 7-8 AM. I went to work on a quilt for a few hours, but still had issues with the thread (see my previous post), so I went home. I hurriedly read the remaining chapters, and now I can't wait to start the second book.

You know how sometimes at the end of a book they'll throw in the first chapter of the next one? Well, they did that for New Moon. Umm...yeah, shouldn't have read it. I'm seriously debating running over to Wal-Mart and buying the books. All 4 of them.

Then I went over to IMDB and I watched the trailer. I have to admit that I am skeptical. Usually movies that stem from books aren't that great. There are only a few exceptions: The Princess Bride, and HP1-3 and HP5. The actors they chose for the Twilight movie look nothing like I had imagined. In fact, once I looked up the filmography for the actor who is playing Edward, I'm not sure I can get past the fact that he was Cedric Diggory in HP4.

But enough of my rambling. I will definitely give the movie a chance. And I will hopefully not be forced to stay up until 7 AM while reading the next 3 books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh PRINCESS BRIDE!! I bought it a few years back and made Joe watch it with me. I was surprised at how the pit of evil stench didn't look so realistic now.....but "hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" chills, i tell ya, CHILLS.

Hey It's Di said...

I sure hope the movie isn't a total disappointment. I'm not sure I can still be in love with Edward if he is not all dreamy and stuff:/

Blakely said...

I don't know what rock I've been living under, but I haven't heard of these books until everyone on the blogs started talking about them. I'm still on the fence about reading them. But I do love a good book that you just have to read. Enjoy the rest of the series.