Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend I went up to my mom's house and we made the cutest bags ever! It was part of this Quarterly Challenge here.
Above is my bag. We didn't have the magnetic snaps the pattern called for, so we picked out some really cute buttons from my mom's button collection. I found this really great, shiny, odd looking button. My mom couldn't even remember how she had got it!
She picked out a really pretty, purple rhinestone button.

Us and our bags. I know, we are so glamorous! It took us until about 7 PM (we started around 3) to finish, and we actually didn't finish when we took the pictures. We needed to take pictures before it got too dark, so we turned our bags and pressed them and took the pictures. I still need to topstich the handles and the top edge. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. I think the bags turned out super cute though! It was really fun having a sewing day with mom though. :D

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are so lucky to be able to do those"Mom & Me" sewing projects! Cute purses...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic bags..