Friday, March 27, 2009

Hmm...

You know, it's funny.
If you go into watching a movie with really low expectations....
the movie ends up actually being better than you thought it would.
Case in point:
TWILIGHT
Finally saw it tonight.
I didn't think it would be nearly as good as the book.
I knew it was a low-budget film, so didn't expect it to be that great either.
Umm....yeah, I know a lot of people don't like the movie because it's not just like the book, and I'll agree, it wasn't just like the book (but when are movies ever just like the book anyway? case in point: Harry Potter...they are all way different from the books, yet we still love them!)
Anyway, back to my train of thought....
LOVED Twilight.
LOVED IT
LOVED IT
LOVED IT
It way exceeded my expectations! I honestly thought, based on the previews I had seen, that it was going to be cheesy and dumb and ruin the books.
I still don't really like Rob.
But I have definitely changed my mind about the girl who plays Bella.
The ads and posters, etc, make her look not as beautiful as she is in parts of the movie.
She really is a pretty girl.
And she really does look like part of what I imagined Bella would look like.
Anyway, that's my little rambling about it.
My advice:
If you've read the book, don't expect great things. If you haven't read the book, enjoy the movie and then go devour the book. You'll like the book better, but that's a given.
:D

1 comment:

Bonnie the Boss said...

I had super low expectations of the movie too and liked it more than I though I would.