Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alumni

I got an email today from a company putting together an alumni book for my high school. Normally I wouldn't care, but I still have some school pride. I felt it my duty as an alumnus of the Cottonwood High School class of 2002 to update my info.

I called in. It didn't take very long to update the info, even though everything was wrong. I was almost home free. Then it happened.

The Sales Pitch.

CSR: And now, Mrs. P, we would like to reserve your copy of this special alumni book of alumni from 1970s to 2008. Can we reserve you a copy?
me: Not today. Can I get one later?
CSR: No, sorry ma'am. We only print enough for the reservations. We can offer you a paperback version of this alumni for two easy payments of $34.95. Can we do that for you?
me (trying not to express my astonishment): Ummm...no thanks.

2 payments of $34.95! Are you kidding? That is $70!!! For a paperback?? YIKES!

I have until June to order one, but I don't think I will.

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

I never did update my information.

Don't worry, they'll update the book again in a few years.