Monday, March 16, 2009

Saturn

Mike got a wild hair over the weekend and decided to start fixing up the Saturn. This happens twice a year: Spring and Fall. I actually quite like it. :D

Well, we went and purchased a brand new auto-tensioner for my car so it won't squeal every time it starts up. Oh it sounds so good now! Almost brand new!

Mike pulled the car apart and went to work on cleaning that sucker from top to bottom. He pulled out all the seats, vacuumed everything, and used the steam cleaner on the upholstery and the carpets. He shined up the vinyl, and took the car to the carwash. Aside from a few sunbleached spots, the car looks practically brand new!

Of course, there are still some issues with it. It is missing the passenger side mirror (courtesy of an ice ball 5 years ago), the wiring to the cooling fan is messed up, and the parking break is getting iffy, but it is a 13 year old car, with around 120,000 miles on it. I figure it's doing pretty good. Last year I got a new radiator (the stock one had a crack in it) and the year before I got a new muffler (the stock one was leaking). I figure if it takes things around 11 years to go bad, I still have plenty of miles on this baby! The only downside to this gem is that there are only 2 seats in the back, the headlights make a really loud noise when you put them down, and my spare doesn't fit in the spare tire well so I have limited trunk space.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Can he come over to my place and do my car? I was just noticing over the weekend that you could write your name in dust on my dashboard.