Friday, March 20, 2009

Icky

It's 3 AM. I have a load of laundry in right now. On the sanitize cycle.

Why so early in the morning, you ask?

Because at around 2:30 Marsh woke up screaming. I ran upstairs (I was downstairs studying) and found him in a GIANT puddle. His entire bed was soaking wet. Yep, with you-know-what. ICKY!

So, I grabbed new sheets, tore everything off his bed, and tried to hurry to fix the screaming child. Finally I got him changed, his bed changed, and his icky clothes thrown into the bathroom. Of course, this was no easy feat. His beloved puppy, and his blankie (the one he calls Stars, because there are little stars allover in the fabric) were soaking wet, and he wanted them so badly. He bawled and bawled. Poor kid.

At least he is back asleep now, finally. Now all I have to do is wait for the laundry to finish, as it is rather important that puppy be dry in time to go to work tomorrow. Ever tried to go somewhere without the "lovey"? Yeah, practically impossible. In fact, I don't recommend it at all!

Anyway, that is my fun. Staying up later than planned waiting for laundry to finish. Icky.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is why I never let my kids get attached to a "lovey". I did't want to have to spend half my life hunting down a tattered stuffed dog!