Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Distractions

I am running out of distractions for Marshy-marsh. Maybe it's just because this last week or so he has spent a lot of time in his stroller that he is so naughty. Maybe it's just because he is almost 1 1/2 and so start the terrible twos early. Whatever the cause, Marshy-marsh is quite the screamer lately. If he cannot see me, he is crying hysterically. If I am not paying attention to him, he is crying hysterically. What is to be done with this child? I need to get some work done. Not a lot. I am content with some.

We are moving next weekend. I need to pack. I also have 8 quilts that need to be quilted. I am in the middle of 3 quilts at home. I am also in the middle of several needlepoint projects. Someday I hope to be able to finish all of these. Not today. I am out of distractions.

Distraction 1: the bottle. It works until he's full or it's empty...whichever comes first.
Distraction 2: the wipes box. It works until he's tired of pulling out the wipes, or the box is empty.
Distraction 3: the quiet book. It works until he gets frustrated because he can't pull the zipper up and down.
Distraction 4: board books. They work until he realizes I'm not paying attention, and they end up thrown on the floor.
Distraction 5: Goldfish. They work until he has eaten them all, or he's full whichever comes first.
Distraction 6: try the bottle again.
Distraction 7: give him floral mache buckets to play with. This is somewhat difficult to do when you're stuck in a stroller, but he gives it a good effort.
Distraction 8: there is no distraction 8. I am out of distractions! HELP!! What am I to do? It is only 3:30 and I still have 1 1/2 hours until I get to go home! AAAHHH!!! Maybe we'll try the bottle and some gold fish again. Maybe, just maybe, he'll decide to take a nap. Here's to hoping! :)

No comments: